BioClinics welcomes questions and comments regarding it’s services. BioClinics objective is to provide a service
that exceeds customer expectations. We understand that to continue to do this, we must always listen to our
customers’ needs and comments. This policy will demonstrate how the Company protects the personal information
The Company and the Centre only hold or request data from those individuals involved in or applying for a DNA,
Drug or Alcohol test to be processed by the Company laboratories. The data held will be sufficient to process,
monitor and correctly issue the test result. Dependant on the agreement established, the Company will:
1) Issue the test result to the person who requested/paid for the test.
2) Retain the test result in a secure environment for a period no longer than 2 years (Legally Accredited tests).
The Company does not record and do not have access to any data/information generated during counselling
sessions. Individual counsellor contracts will apply.
The company uses data and results in studies relating to statistical parameters for DNA, Drug and Alcohol Testing.
This develops the accuracy of tests. Please note this data will be used in an anonymous manner to prevent
individual client traceability.
When a sample is received at the laboratory it is immediately given a unique barcode (identification) number. The
details attached to the sample are entered onto a password only, encrypted database. Each case is given a unique
reference number. It is this reference and the individual sample barcode numbers that are referred to during the
testing process. The only personnel that have access to your results are the Scientist in the laboratory processing
the samples and your Case Managers who will provide you with your results documentation. The following
principles will apply when we process your personal data:
• Your data is only processed with your knowledge;
• Only data that we actually need is collected;
• Your data is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs;
• Your data is retained only for as long as it is required;
• Your data is accurate and is only used for the intended purpose;
• Your data is protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure;
• You will be provided with a copy of data we hold on you, through a Subject Access Request (see below);
All information held at the laboratory is protected under the Data Protection Act. All DNA, Drug and Alcohol
samples provided are destroyed within 3 months and all documentation (Legally Accredited tests) is held for up to
BioClinics Limited is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 Registration No. Z3438908.
Professional Partner data*
- We will only hold data of other professionals if:
- The Company has purchased data from an authorised list seller for marketing purposes.
- You have contacted the Company.
- You are a client (or potential client) of the Company. In the above instances the Company will hold personal data in order to make contact with you and/or undertake business with you. To remove yourself from the database please contact 0800 032 5945.
(* Professional Partners are considered to be those able to refer cases/clients to BioClinics Limited and include (but is not exclusive to solicitors and GPs.)
Responsibility for your personal data
It is the responsibility of each person to ensure they adhere to this policy. It is the responsibility of the Operations Manager to maintain and implement this policy